Friday, September 27, 2013

Book Signing Weekend!



Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending an annual ladies retreat in Alton Bay, New Hampshire, overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee. I've been attending for so many years I've lost count. These wonderful ladies have been praying for my writing ministry and blessed me last year with a fabulous first-time-ever book signing. This year we did it again with cherished friends and new, and I signed books all weekend long. I also had the treasure of enjoying the weekend with my Mom who assisted me with my books. We always attend this retreat together and she usually treats me as an early birthday present!

It was such a beautiful location to spend the first weekend of fall. The retreat itself ALWAYS blesses me. I have not had the opportunity to attend the ACFW Conference as of yet, but these last several years I can surely say that the message I received at this retreat was so relevant to my writing career it has amazed me. I am so encouraged by speakers Sharon VanAmburg McLaughlin and Rebecca Nicoll and the retreat theme "Legacy". The Lord is already at work in my life providing for my next steps in this journey.


Do you ever attend retreats?
Have you ever been to a book signing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Adventures of the Heart. Be sure to check back for my responses to your comments. Be blessed!