Monday, August 8, 2011

Road Trip


I'm heading out for a couple of weeks on a road trip with my Mom. I've never been further west than Mississippi so this is a grand adventure. This special trip overlaps the first anniversary of my Dad's passing, such a difficult season that we went through last year. But this time it will be filled with celebration.  In fact, this Mom and Daughter outing will commemorate our big birthdays. Mom will be 70 in September, and I will be, oh, dear, 50 in November. This trip will include time to write, research, and even visit a writer friend. My itinerary includes:  Photoshoot & Family Visits (MA). Family wedding (OH). Creation Museum (KY). Colonial Williamsburg & Visits with Writer Friends (VA). Family Visits (MA). Home again (ME) to finish writing Colonial Courtships.

See you when I return!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  ~St. Augustine