Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's Official: First Book Contract



The moment that I've been waiting for finally arrived, I received my very first book contract. This contract is for my novella Carving a Future in Colonial Courtships which will be released in May 2012.  It took me days to get up the courage to finally sign the thing believe it or not. I was so thrilled to get it, but it was such an important moment for me I was a bundle of nerves. Silly, I know.


Although I had the news of two promised contracts, I was reserving my full celebration until I had paper in hand. And my second contract, for The Shadow Catcher's Daughter (releasing Jan. 2012), is in the mail . Exciting times!

To celebrate my officially becoming a published author my husband took me out to eat to our favorite Chinese restaurant.  It was a fun evening venturing out in big snow storm. He also got me an external hard drive for my computer. Much needed. It's pretty and practical!

This is a wonderful season in my life. I'm doubly blessed! The Shadow Catcher's Daughter is complete and I will soon get the editor's revisions. But the real work is ahead...I need to finish writing Carving a Future. One chapter down, about nine more to go!



11 comments:

  1. Congrats, Carla! How exciting!! :-)

    Which pubisher do you have? Ill be keeping my eyes open as we draw closer to 2012! What are you two books about?

    - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,
    Thank you!! My publisher is Barbour. Carving a Future is about a ship's figurehead carver and an indentured servant in colonial Connecticut. The Shadow Catcher's Daughter is about a female photographer and a trail guide/journalist set in Colorado/New Mexico, 1875. I love writing historicals and am thrilled to finally have some of my stories published!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Hang in there...one word at a time. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Carla! Both sound really good. I'll have to keep my eyes out for your books and, if your interested, have you on my blog for an author interview when the are released! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's awesome Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, You look positively JOYFUL in that pic:) I couldn't be happier for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful.

    We'll look forward to watching your success story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Carla! How exciting that you're part of the Barbour family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Carla! I'm so excited for you!

    Blessings,
    Jodie Wolfe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Adventures of the Heart. Be sure to check back for my responses to your comments. Be blessed!