I know that many writers and published authors have great things to say about the value of writing contests.
- Constructive feedback from the judges.
- Submission experience.
- Confidence builder.
- Name recognition.
- Reward for finalists and winner.
- Accolades for finalists and winner.
- Resume builder for finalists and winner.
- Sometimes a request for a full manuscript!
Stephanie Smith's contest chart for writers
Charlotte Dillon contest links
Do you have any experiences positive and/or negative from entering writing contests?