Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Story...


The Lord will work out His plans for my Life. Psalm 138:8





I received a package the other day from my sister-in-law. A precious bit of sunshine from Florida to Maine. When I began to open the surprise package I had no idea how it would warm my heart. Enclosed was this journal with a beautiful letter congratulating me on my book contracts. The verse is so perfect and I have to tell you how the letter brought me tears of joy. She shared how she has seen me endure sacrifices and winding roads, the valleys and the mountains, dead ends and how by following God He has worked out His plan for me. How precious to hear the heartfelt words as she shared her wishes, prayers, and love for me, her brother and our sons.

My brother has shared his congratulations not only with warm and affirming words, but in his own special way with this t-shirt ... Gotta love it!

It is a true blessing indeed to have the support of those dear to us. To hear the words "I proud of you."And to know the Lord has a story, a plan for our lives, when we trust in Him! I hope you, too, will always keep that thought, that truth, close to your heart.


Today I'm going to be featured at Keli Gwyn's blog, Romance Writers on a Journey. She interviewed me once before and now will ask me about my first sale!  I invite you to join us there to read my story about how I got contracted. Commenters will be eligible to win a copy of my forthcoming releases!  See you there!



Saturday Special:  Carla Olson Gade Sold!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations once again! Love the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I'm happy to report we share the same shirt here:) Half the fun of becoming a novelist is having congratulatory gifts show up from dear ones. I just went over to Keli's and read again your God-ordained journey:) Bless you so much for your JOY and testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I'm sooo happy for you and am delighted to do some more celebrating with you--cyber style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that T-shirt and so true! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shirt says it all, doesn't it?!
    Thanks for the congratulations. I'm feeling a little selfish rambling on so much these days about my contracts...but I'm telling myself to enjoy it while I can. I've waited so long for this day to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keli, You sure do know how to celebrate cyber style. You have such a gift for encouraging others, especially writers!Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that fun, Laura, that we both have that t-shirt! Thanks for visiting over at Keli's. Your kind words are so precious to me. What a treasure it is to have you for a friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Adventures of the Heart. Be sure to check back for my responses to your comments. Be blessed!