Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Victorian Christmas


There's still time to pick a good Christmas book to enjoy during the holidays.  Over the years I've had the pleasure of curling up with a few Christmas anthologies featuring best-selling author Catherine Palmer.  Catherine is a favorite author of mine and I've never been dissapointed with any of her books.  After all, I've read over twenty of them!
A Victorian Christmas is a repackaging of four novellas that were previously published in four separate anthologies—A Victorian Christmas Quilt, A Victorian Christmas Tea, A Victorian Christmas Cottage, and A Victorian Christmas Keepsake.  This beautiful patchwork of faith-filled love stories will touch your heart and stir you to treasure your own keepsakes of life, love, and romance.  Included with each story are a note from the author and some of her favorite holiday recipes.
 



Angel in the Attic tells of Fara Canaday, a wealthy heiress who is certain that every man who courts her is after her money until she finds a wounded man in the snow.

Under His Wings is a retelling of the Biblical story of Ruth.

Behold the Lamb tells the story of a thief who buys his way into good London society but must do some rethinking when he meets gentle Rosalind Treadwell, who was born with a title but has no money.

In Lone Star, Texan Star Ellis reluctantly travels to England to wed a nobleman. On the voyage over, she meets her intended husband's black sheep brother and ends up falling in love.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. Catherine Palmer is one of my favorite authors. I recently discovered her work when a friend gave me A Kiss of Adventure.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun read. I've never read Catherine Palmer. Thanks for the recommendation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will check out the Victorian Christmas set. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I'm re-reading Under His Wings from the VIctorian Christmas Cottage anthology, but I'm planning to get this book as I'd like to have them all in one collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Catherine Palmer, so I may have to grab this one up as a Christmas present to me. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Adventures of the Heart. Be sure to check back for my responses to your comments. Be blessed!