Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taming the Muse


Is that even possible?  I find it very difficult once my imagination takes flight.  My ideas spark ideas which spark more ideas. You know. How much fun it is!  I love research. I thrive on creativity.  But too much information swirling around in my head can hinder my focus.  Sometimes I just need to reign in my muse.

Thoughts are precious and you never can tell when inspiration will come. Yet, it's important to give the current project the time and creativity it deserves.  So here are a few things I do to try to keep my sanity and focus. I  keep pen and paper with me at all times, just so I can get those wandering thoughts down on paper.  Napkins have even served the purpose. On the computer, I use Wordpad to quickly  jot down ideas and website addresses to save them for later.  I also have to be careful not to let time get the better of me.   It's not easy laying those bright ideas down, so I put them on an imaginary shelf for safe keeping.  I need to rest the old brain occasionally. 

What do you do to tame your muse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Adventures of the Heart. Be sure to check back for my responses to your comments. Be blessed!